2010/09/18

to the movies (diary 1988/05/14)

At the weekend we were allowed to go out. We could go to the small city 4 miles away. It was a one hour walk or 15 minutes by bike. When we got a bike from school we had to bring it back until 8pm. My friend Melanie and I went to cinema by bike once. We watched "Hansel and Gretel", the movie was very new in this year.  We liked it very much.
On our way back to school I unfortunately had a flat tyre, we walked then. So we were back at school about one hour late. We tried to creep in very silently, putting the bikes behind the school house. I found a window on first floor standing open, so we could entered the house tiptoe to upstairs and to our room. Mrs. Derovich was already there watching out for us and waiting. Strongly bending her beloved rattan cane she looked very angry. We apologized for beeing late and she accepted our apology about the flat tyre but "rules must not be broken" she said. For beeing late we would not be caned, but we had to clean all school bikes in our spare time the following week.
It seemed to me Mrs. Derovich was somehow disappointed...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer,
    your real storry is very interrested, english is not my "best" speak - but I understand most of them. Please write again - I think you have more zo tell us about your life in this school.
    UF

    ReplyDelete