2010/09/21

extra lessons (diary 1986/02/19)

Last week Mr. Jones told us about solving algebra equations with variables. I did not understand how to calculate using letters. Lucia, helped me understanding, she is one year older than me. Last night we practiced until morning because of the math test today.
I don't know if I passed the test, it was really hard. Some of my results simply must be correct! Melanie, my friend did not feel well after this exercise. She has similar problems as me, but she did not practice that night.
Last time she failed the exam, if she does again, Mr. Jones would make her taking extra lessons. These lessons are not a pleasure at all. Its in late afternoon or evening when the other kids have spare time. These lessons are held by the older girls, which are very disrespectful to us and they often use discipline during lessons.
When I had to do extra lessons in history some weeks ago, I had to learn lots of silly things. For example 100 dates from european history. When I was asked for them I had to take off one piece of clothes per mistake I made. At the end I was there almost naked. I didn't like it, but it worked. I never will forget for example 1914-1918: first world war.

1 comment:

  1. the girl on the pic certainly deserved a hard punishment ... she is just starting...

    ReplyDelete